About Gateway Academy Harbison
At Gateway Academy Harbison in Columbia, South Carolina,we provide a safe, stimulating, and enjoyable environment that is ideal for early childhood learning.
Our private preschool has an open layout with windows throughout the buildings. Three large playgrounds surround our preschool, allowing for age-appropriate fun as your child grows. We also have large classrooms that feature “interest centers” for children to explore. Our experienced staff members divide our preschool programs by age group and caring, experienced teachers who love working with children lead each of our classes.
We recently updated our early childhood learning center, including fresh paint, new cabinetry, and even more learning resources in all of our classrooms.
Early Childhood Education Programs
At Gateway Academy, Harbison, we offer the Ascend Curriculum, which includes nine learning components, such as literacy, math, science, technology, Spanish, and much more. Our preschool curriculum uses a “Whole Child” approach that ensures each child is engaged, supported, challenged, and having fun.
Our childcare programs include:
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). We maintain the strong bonds, warmth, and security your baby enjoys at home in this infant daycare program.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). Your child’s sense of discovery and active learning are the focus in our toddler childcare program.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). In this program, we work on enhancing your child’s gross and fine motor skills, vocabulary, and learning via exploration.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). We aim to fully prepare children for Pre-Kindergarten in our engaging and stimulating preschool program.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). Our Pre-K program incorporates the skills taught in previous years to prepare your child for their transition to Kindergarten.
- After School Care (ages 5 to 12). We pick children up from area elementary schools for an afternoon of learning and fun.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). Our summer camp offers lots of adventure while promoting activities that hone skills vital to your child’s upcoming grade.
Each of our classrooms follows a daily schedule, which includes breakfast, large group time, small group center activities, playground time, lunch, rest time, a snack,as well as afternoon activities and more playground time.
At Gateway Academy Harbison, we believe in providing children with all of the learning opportunities necessary for them to reach their full potential both in school and in life.
What Makes Our Childcare Center in Columbia, SC Unique
Our preschool hosts family events, such as Book Fair Family Nights, Fall Festival, Open Houses and Parent’s Night Out. We also offer several enrichment opportunities for children, including Soccer Shots, Tap and Ballet, Creative Movement and Dance.
For older children, we offer an After School program that includes homework help and free transportation from the following neighborhood schools: Harbison West Elementary, Dutch Fork Elementary, H.E. Corley Elementary, and River Springs Elementary.
During teacher development days and all school holidays/vacation, our preschool offers a full-day program to school-age students. We also offer flexible schedules, with part-time options. We gear our Summer Camp program towards school-aged students and offer weekly themed activities and field trips throughout the summer.
In addition to our outstanding Ascend Curriculum, we provide a nutritious breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for all children. Our wonderful cook prepares all meals onsite, and we include this amenity as part of our regular tuition.
More About Our Preschool & Childcare Center
Gateway Academy is located at 450 Columbiana Drive, Columbia, SC 29212. We are located near Ballentine, River Springs, H.E. Corley, Harbison West, and Dutch Fork elementary schools. Our childcare center is conveniently located near Columbiana Mall and I-26.