Nurturing Creativity, Agility, and Perception
During their first years, children are actively exploring their world and discovering their abilities. Toddlers aged two and three are exceptionally curious and energetic, so it is essential that they be given fun, stimulating activities in a safe setting. Our knowledgeable instructors foster early learning skills through activities like crafting, painting, playing, talking, rhyming, and counting, all designed to encourage toddlers’ creativity, improve agility, and support their budding awareness. Gateway Academy offers effective early childhood education programs in small classrooms to ensure that your child can fully reach their developmental potential.
Early Learning Is Fundamental for Your Child’s Development
The first three years in a child’s life play a critical role in multiple development areas. Toddlers make enormous progress in terms of cognitive, physical, emotional, and social skills during this time. They begin to speak in short sentences, ask questions, form attachments, and run around. The skilled team at Gateway Academy cultivates all areas of early childhood development through comprehensive early learning curriculum. Stimulating toddlers’ budding aptitudes has been shown to have a tremendously positive effect in later educational stages.
• Cognitive: The early years in childhood make up the most significant cognitive developmental stage. Our nurturing instructors make sure that your child learns how to form thoughts, make sense of the world, and activate his or her imagination. Engaging activities, receptive caregivers, and a predictable environment are key to developing strong cognitive skills.
• Socio-Emotional: Gateway Academy’s responsive approach encourages young toddlers to express their feelings, form relationships with others, and mirror the behaviors of those around them. Our early education programs support the socio-emotional development of your child, which is critical for developing healthy interpersonal relationships later in life.
• Physical: At this age, your child’s physical capabilities are growing rapidly. They begin to run, walk up and down stairs, and imitate the motions of others. Our early childhood center helps your toddler build muscle skills, strength, and stamina in a stimulating yet secure environment.
Developmental Activities for Early Learners Include:
• Q & A Time: At this age, your child begins to ask a lot of questions. Sentences starting with “What?” “Why?” and “How?” effectively increase your child’s understanding of the world around them. Gateway Academy’s instructors regularly engage children with inquiries to build a strong knowledge base while enhancing language skills.
• Love of Literacy: Reading with children allows them to form a solid vocabulary, while exciting their imagination and improving communication skills. Our nurturing caregivers make reading a fun and integral part of your child’s daily activities.
• Speaking Spanish: There are tremendous cognitive benefits to learning a second language at an early age. Spanish is the second most spoken language in the U.S. and in the world; our early childhood education curriculum includes vocabulary lessons, storytelling exercises, and interactive activities in Spanish.
• Growing Up Fit: Because physical abilities progress quickly in early childhood, it is important that toddlers learn to value fitness and health. We’ve created a well-rounded early learning program to foster your child’s mobility and wellness while making fitness fun.
• Child-Friendly Classroom: Gateway Academy’s classroom for early learners is designed to offer your child a secure environment where they can easily access toys, books, and supplies due to low, open shelves. Colorful tubs and boxes are labeled with pictures and words, so your child easily learns what items to chose and where they belong.
• Potty Training: As toddlers grow out of diapers, it is essential that they learn how to potty train. Our devoted caregivers make sure that your child feels comfortable to do this at his or her own pace.
Preparing Your Child for Preschool and Beyond
The purpose of an effective early learning program is to prepare your child for preschool, kindergarten and any later formal education. Through speech, socialization, creativity and fitness, Gateway Academy’s early learning program builds a strong foundation upon which your child’s cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical abilities can flourish. Our early learning programs joyfully prepare your little one for success in their next developmental stage, as well as later in life.
 http://www.pbs.org/parents/childdevelopmenttracker/one/socialandemotionalgr owth.html