School Address3200 McKee Rd
Charlotte, NC 28270
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:30pm
Ages6 weeks - 12 years
Special DirectionsMcKee Rd. & Matthews-Weddington Rd.
Programs AvailableInfants, Toddlers, Early Learners, Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten, Before & After Care, Summer Camp
Gateway Academy McKee in Charlotte, North Carolina
About Gateway Academy McKee
Welcome to Gateway Academy McKee where your child can learn, grow, and play.
Our early childhood education center offers care and educational childcare and daycare programs for children ages six weeks through 12 years old. We also feature a top-rated Before and After School program that includes homework help and provides free transportation from area schools for students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
The environment at Gateway Academy, McKee is warm and engaging. Eye-catching picture frames and natural bulletin boards in our classrooms, as well as a bead board and brick wall in our lobby, add to the welcoming, “home-like” feeling throughout our building.
Preschool & Early Childhood Education Programs
- Infant Daycare (ages 6 weeks to 1 year). At Gateway Academy McKee, it is our priority to make the transition from home to daycare pleasant, smooth, and enjoyable for both parent and baby.
- Toddler Childcare (ages 1 to 2). In this toddler childcare program, we accommodate the rapid cognitive, socio-emotional, and physical growth of children ages one to two years old via art, movement, music, reading, and outdoor time.
- Early Learners (ages 2 to 3). We introduce kids in this early childhood education program to activities that develop their language skills, encourage a love of reading, and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Preschool (ages 3 to 4). Our preschool program allows your growing child to participate in stimulating learning opportunities such as puppet play, storytelling, and gardening.
- Pre-Kindergarten (ages 4 to 5). In our Pre-K program, your child will expand on his or her literacy, vocabulary, math, problem-solving, and motor skills.
- Before and After School Care (ages 5 to 12). Parents have peace of mind of knowing their children are in a safe, fun, and nurturing environment in this program.
- Summer Camp Programs (ages 5 to 12). In this program, kids play and socialize with friends, and participate in educational activities that prepare them for the coming school year.
At Gateway Academy McKee, we deliver an exceptional early childhood education with a curriculum that prepares children to thrive in the next step in their education.
What Makes Our Preschool in Charlotte, North Carolina Unique
- We offer Ms. Donna’s Dance school, Amazing Athletes, Soccer Shots, Mrs. Mandy’s music class, Karate class, and Tumble Bugs as extra-curricular activities.
- James, our wonderful cook, prepares a nutritious, daily breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack, at no additional cost.
- Our preschool offers several family events throughout the year, including a summer fest, ice cream socials, and parents’ night out. One of our favorite family events is Pasta Night, when you can enjoy the company of other parents and enjoy a dinner prepared by Mr. James. Our holiday caroling party is another highly anticipated event that families look forward to all year long.
- Gateway Academy McKee received a four-star rating from the state of North Carolina.
More About Our Childcare Center
Gateway Academy McKee is located in South Charlotte, North Carolina close to the Providence Plantation, McKee Woods, and Willowmere housing communities. We serve the cities of Charlotte, Matthews, and Union City (zip codes 28105, 28270, 28277, 28227, 28226, and 28211).
We provide transportation from Indian Trail Elementary.
Come by and see us at Gateway Academy McKee – Schedule a Visit Today.