No “Bummer Summer” at Gateway Academy’s Summer Camp
Learning during the summer break may sound counterintuitive—but not when learning is fun! Our summer camp for kids offers plenty of action and adventure while promoting activities that foster skills essential to the upcoming grade. We keep your child engaged with subjects like reading, math, and science in a playful manner, so they don’t fall behind before the new school year begins. Furthermore, they have opportunities to see new environments, meet new friends, and enjoy new experiences—in other words, to start the new school year recharged and motivated.
Our Summer Camp Program Features:
- Fun with Fitness: Exercise is not only beneficial to your child’s physical and motor skills, but also to their cognitive and emotional abilities. To advance your child’s overall growth and development, our summer camp provides ample opportunities for play, sports, and dance. Your child stays active in supervised indoor and outdoor facilities throughout the summer.
- Active Minds: We offer a variety of engaging summer camp activities that demand your child’s math and science skills, for example, observing animals in their natural habitat. We also encourage reading through individual assignments and group projects.
- Adventures in Nature: For most of the year, your child is sitting in a classroom while learning. The summer months, however, are an opportune time for discovering the world out in nature. Adventurous activities promote curious exploration, collaboration with peers, and physical exercise.
- Friends & Community: Summer camp is the ideal place for your child to polish their social skills. We emphasize cooperation, communication, and care among our students. Myriad group activities are designed to foster the summer camp student community, so your child creates unforgettable memories with new friends.
- Healthy Habits: We make sure that your youngster starts the new school year fit and healthy. This is why we offer nutritional, balanced meals and snacks while also teaching your child about healthy eating habits in easy, interactive cooking classes.
- Extended and Flexible Schedules: While kids have summer off, many parents still work. To accommodate your busy schedule, we also provide extended and flexible summer camp hours.
Prepare Your Child For the New School Year at Gateway Academy’s Summer Camp
Unfortunately, children tend to lose some knowledge and skills over the summer break. Those who attend summer programs for kids typically show better academic performance in the new school year. The quality of summer learning experiences for elementary school children can even influence whether they earn a high school diploma and attend college. In addition, summer camp is a fantastic opportunity for your child to make new friends and discover new hobbies. Gateway Academy’s summer camp is designed to strengthen your child’s educational abilities while emphasizing exploration, adventure, and fun.
Find a Summer Camp Near You
*Programs and activities may vary by school and may be subject to change without notice. Please contact your local school for additional information on school-specific programs and activities.